Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Perfect Blend My Digital Studio Cards

As a gift for my brother and sister-in-law who own a coffee cafe,  I made a set of cards using My Digital Studio.  

One of the best things about using digital stamps is that you can make them any size.  One big cup is the focal point on the first card.
To color the cup, I added a paint layer on top of the stamp.  I painted over the areas with colors that matched the background paper and then rearranged the layers with the stamp on top again.
The next one has rows of smaller stamps.   To make this I copy and pasted the cup stamp five times then used the "Space Evenly- Horizontal" function to align them.  I added a rectangular punch with a small mat.  Then all I had to do was copy the group, paste it two more times and change the color of the rectangle.
For the next card, I used a rectangle punch again to create a pattern and then filled the punches various DSP patterns.
I had these professionally printed through Stampin' Up's print service.   I like to add color to the inside and back of the cards (like the one above where you can see the light blue green peeking out) or DSP as in the card below.
I repeated the label embellishment on the inside with a small coffee cup for the writing area.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up downloads)
Main stamp set: Perfect Blend
Card #1:  "Warm Winter Wishes" stamp from Snowy Soiree Ensemble, DSP from 12 Days of Christmas
Card #2:  DSP from 12 Days of Christmas Kit
Card #3: DSP from Muted Notes Kit
Card #4:  DSP and embellishments from Jingle and Joy Kit

2 comments:

  1. Hi Betty - I love these cards and how you used MDS to create them. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for showing the painted layer -- I didn't know you could do that! So much easier than filling punches! I definitely have to try it!

    ReplyDelete