Sunday, January 13, 2013

Oh Hello

Leah crocheted a sweet star-shaped baby blanket as a gift for our neighbor.  She was working quickly to get it done before the baby arrived and she finished it a few days ago.  Perfect timing as little Abigail arrived today!   

Using the star theme, I made a card to go with it.
First I used My Digital Studio to print the baby's name so the color of ink would match the cardstock.  Then I stamped the "Oh, Hello" with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with Melon Mambo powder.    The new Ovals Collection Framelits made it easy to get the image in just the right place.

The blanket is so bright and cheerful!
Soft and warm for a little one!
Supplies for the card:  My Digital Studio, Oh Hello stamp set, Melon Mambo Embossing Powder, Ovals Collection Framelits, Chevron Embossing Folder, Merry Minis Punch Pack, Cardstock: Whisper White, Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, Burmuda Bay (retired).

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous gorgeous beautiful blanket - such a special gift! Love the fun colours and the star is something I've never seen before. Gorgeous. (did I say that already?!) And I love that your card ties right in - this is sure to be a treasured gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your daughter did a beautiful job on the blanket, I am very impressed! It is soo pretty and certainly does look soft and warm! Your card is just gorgeous too, I love it! TFS!

    ReplyDelete