Friday, April 27, 2012

Retiring Stamps Blog Hop



Welcome to Stampin' Addicts Retiring Stamps Blog Hop.  Many wonderful stamps are retiring the end of May and we are showcasing some of our favorites.  I chose the set Nature's Nest.  The intricate details are well suited to a variety of techniques.

My first project is a turtle pin.  Seeing it in person it is hard to believe it made of paper.  It looks like it belongs in an art boutique!
To make this I stamped the image three times on Shimmery White cardstock and used re-inkers to watercolor one of them.  I layered them on top of each other with Mod-Podge and while it was still wet shaped the turtle into a life-like pose.    Finally I covered it with Crystal Effects and added a pin back.

The gift box is made with the retiring Matchbox Big Shot die.  For the seashell I stamped the image on vellum cardstock,  lightly washed it with three colors of reinkers and coated it with Crystal Effects.  While it was still wet I sprinkled on a light dusting of blue SuperNova Glitter (also retiring).  The grass is green SuperNova glitter too.   (You can click on the photo to make it larger to see the details.)
Next are dragonfly window decorations.  These remind me of the oodles of homeschool projects we did when the kids were younger; we always decorated the house with art work related to what we were studying.   

I have these on the windows of my craft room and they look so life-like.   Again I used staz-on ink  stamped on vellum cardstock and colored them with markers.  Markers blend beautifully on the vellum.  
Lastly I used the feather stamp for a clean and simple card.    I applied Sticky Strip vertically on the card front and sprinkled it with more blue SuperNova glitter.   Glitter also accents the circles on the feather.  A glimmer brad and punches mimicking the feather finish it off.
Thank you for stopping by and now it is time to hop along to the next blog.  You may go forward or backward as we are all linked in a circle.

Click on the Previous button to see Kim's lovely Upsy Daisy projects.
or click on the Next button to go to Krystal's terrific Extreme Elements projects.
Happy Hopping!

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Betty! Hubby couldn't believe that pin was paper (he loves turtles)! I just love the little scene in the box!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and btw, now I'm gonna have to go decorate by windows! What'd you use to attach the vellum?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heidi- I use mini glue dots. I scrape them off the window when I am done and remove any residue with Goo Gone.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful job with this set! I love your pin and box and amazing work showcasing the retiring accessories too! Gorgeous projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful projects. The turtle pin is unique - makes a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous projects!! That turtle pin is incredible!! I love how you colored the images. They are exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that turtle pin! It is just gorgeous! Your other projects are fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These project are absolutely amazing. I love all of them, but really I think the clean and simple card with the glitter, punches and glimmer brad is really outstanding. What a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet projects!! That turtle pin really is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful projects! Lovely ways to showcase thsi set.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the turtle & gift box. What a beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the dragonflies! Your projects are so unique and cool! Great ideas. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great projects as always Betty! That turtle pin is amazing! Love the glitter grass.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOw, the pins are amazing! What a wonderful gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. BETTY! You ROCK! the turtle pin is beautiful, the shot with it in the box shows it off a lot better. Love the dragonflies too and the feather card. WoHoO!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! Betty, these are incredible! I love how that seashell is so translucent, and homemade window decor with vellum? Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The turtle looks fantastic.

    marg0006@verizon.net
    Loving Scrapper101

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful projects! Especially love your turtle pin and the adorable gift box!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome projects, Betty! I just love the turtle and his box. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So very beautiful! That pin is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful projects Betty. Love that turtle. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. AWESOME!!! You inspired me to use this set this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete