Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Frostwood Lodge Christmas Cards

Two more Christmas cards today.
There have been lots of cute fireplace cards on stamping blogs and websites this season and I thought it would be fun to try a version myself.  I love the plaids and checks of the Frostwood Lodge DSP for this.

I'll give the dimensions I used.   (It helps me to remember too incase I would like to make another one!)

1. The card base is Cherry Cobbler cardstock 4-1/4" X 11", scored at 5-1/2"
2. The plaid floor is 1-1/8" X 5-1/2".
3. The fireplace is Early Espresso 3" X 4", dry embossed with the Lattice folder
4.  The fireplace opening is punched out using the 1-3/4" Circle punch.  (with the edges trimmed a bit to create the sides.)  Black cardstock backs the opening.
5.  The mantle is 3/4" X 4-1/4".
6.  The fire is Daffodil Delight punched with the Bird Builder punch and sponged with Cherry Cobbler ink.
7.  The logs are DSP punched with the Word Window punch
8.  Stockings use the Stocking Builder punch.

The next card was inspired by one Twila Davis did for the blog hop.
The velvet ribbon is bordered by two score lines to set it apart.

1 comment: