Monday, June 27, 2011

Distress and Burn

Any Pirates of the Caribbean fans out there?  Those movies have been favorites in our family.  I think I have heard the sound tracks to those movies at least a 1000 times!  This card reminds me of those fun times.
I started by stamping the ship's log image from the Open Sea stamp set in Early Espresso on the piece of DSP from the Woodland Walk that looks like light colored wood.  (Love that paper!)  Next I heat embossed the ship image with white embossing powder and distressed it by sponging Early Espresso ink over it and around the edges.  I burned the edges unevenly to make it look old and did the same to the sentiment which was stamped on piece of Very Vanilla.  The whole thing is mounted on the DSP that looks like dark wood.  Another quick, masculine card for my stash!

No comments:

Post a Comment