Sunday, December 26, 2010

Money Holders and a Lovely Gift

These are my last Christmas projects for the year- three very simple money holders.
I had to restrain myself and not make these too fussy as they are "guy gifts".  I would have loved to add ribbons and such but instead kept them fairly plain.
Double sided paper works well for these and I enjoy cutting the papers to have the images accent the project like the inside of this one.
To make these I cut 7" X 8-1/2" pieces of designer paper and scored each at 1-1/2" and 5" on the longer side.  I then rounded the top corners and adhered the edges of the pockets with sticky strip.  One inch belly bands hold them together.

One of the unexpected pleasures of blogging and being part of groups such as UStamp have been the friends I have made from around the world.  I received a lovely card and Christmas ornament from a sweet friend (and awesome stamper!)  Debbie Dawson from New Zealand.
The card is so pretty!  I love the way it opens for display.
She sent this ornament and explained that it is the Pohotukawa tree which is considered the New Zealand Christmas tree.
I looked it up and here is a link to a picture of the tree.  In the summer it has pretty red flowers- summer is in December in New Zealand.

Thank you Debbie!  What a fun gift!

1 comment:

  1. You are very welcome, Betty! I'm glad you enjoyed your gift. Thank you for been such an awesome blog friend. We have a very different Christmas here with lots of BBQs and sunshine but also make sure we have the traditional turkey and trimmings!

    ReplyDelete