Sunday, December 12, 2010

Blouse Shaped Card

The Sweet Stitches paper has an image that I thought would make a great shaped card.  I cut out the section with the blouse back shape, then cut a card base from Wild Wasabi that was slightly larger than the image.  I lined up the left side of the "pattern" piece with the left side of the card base and traced around it.  I cut the base just a smidge smaller than the traced line before mounting the dsp on the base.
Then came the fun of decorating the front.  I cut "rickrack" from two of the pink papers using the Tasteful Trim die.
One sheet of paper is covered with oodles of little sewing machines.  This one looks like my mom's wonderful original singer sewing machine that sews like a dream (straight stitch only of course!)
The "buttons" are made with the Sweet Buttons embosslit.  (So fun because now I can make buttons in any color to match my projects!)

1 comment: