Thursday, June 10, 2010

Stamping Addicts Retiring Sets Mega Hop


BH10.06 - Retiring Sets Mega Hop-mega-rbh-button.jpgWelcome to the Stamping Addicts Retiring Sets Blog Hop!  This is my first time participating in a hop and I have had a wonderful time preparing for it.  You may have arrived here from Twila Davis's blog where she featured one of my favorite stamp sets Refuge and Strength.   If not, you can still visit all the blogs as they are linked in circle.  So many fun things to see!

As you can tell from the title of my blog, I have a soft spot for kitties.  I grew up on a farm with lots of kittens to love.  We currently have four cats each with VERY different personalities and traits.  So of course, I had to choose the stamp set A KIND WORD with it's adorable little girls and kitties to feature for the blog hop.

One of my favorite things to make are coordinated sets using a single stamp set.   But for this hop I challenged myself to make three very different styles with a variety of techniques to show the versatility of the set.  I also incorporated a number of fun retiring products.

My first project is a card using the wood sheets cut with the Big Shot as the focal point.  After cutting the scalloped circle with the Scallop Circle #2 Big Shot die,  I stamped the kittens in the hat with Jet Black Staz-On ink.  I used the Watercolor Pencils to color the image and then ever so lightly blended the colors with a damp fine tipped brush.
Paper: Kraft, Crushed Curry (retiring), Pacific Point (returning), Patterns Pack III Hostess (retiring)
Accessories:  Wood Sheets, Scallop Circle #2 Big Shot die, Spring Flowers Sizzlet (retiring), Swirls Scribbles Sizzlet, Textured Impression Embossing Folder, Water color Pencils, Crushed Curry Polka Dot Ribbon (retiring).

I used the retiring Spring Flowers Sizzlet to cut flowers from the Patterns Pack III hostess DSP and added Crushed Curry centers and swirls.  This is all mounted on a piece of Pacific Point embossed with the Textured impressions folder on a Kraft card base.  The Crushed Curry Polka-Dot ribbon ties all the bright and cheery elements together.

The next card features a vellum center piece colored with a variety of markers.   I backed the vellum with a second Top Note cut from Whisper White and edged with a line of Pumpkin Pie marker.  The brads through the center of Felt Flower Fusion flowers hold the vellum in place.  I just love the county flavor of the rickrack from the Orchard Ribbons Originals pack and the card base is the beautiful retiring Lovely Lilac.  Hard to photograph to show off the vellum but this is very bright and cheerful in person.
Paper: Vellum cardstock, Whisper White, Lovely Lilac (retiring)
Accessories: SU Markers, Flower Fusion (retiring), vintage  brads, Orchard Ribbons originals (retiring)

My last card is a side-step card.  The images were stamped on watercolor paper with versamark ink and heat embossed in black then colored with re-inkers. The flowers and leaves are cut using the Birds and Blooms Sizzlets.  A tiny button from the Playground collection sets off the sentiment.
  Paper: Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, More Mustard, Old Olive, Watercolor paper
Accessories: Versamark ink, Black embossing powder, re-inker, Birds and Blooms Sizzlets, Playground buttons (retiring)


I cut around the bottom of the little girl's skirt and feet to make her fly over the flower garden.  This card reminds me of swinging in our back yard near our garden as a little girl.
Thanks for stopping by today!  Next on the blog hop path is Adriana who is featuring the cute set Owl Together Now.  Have a great time.

25 comments:

  1. Your watercoloring is just fantastic! Lovely use of this set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your side step card! Great colors and awesome watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great creative projects! Your side step with the outside the box is phenomenal!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab job showing so many different styles and techniques! My favorite is the side-step card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you used the steps on that last card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How is it possible I didn't really see the kitties in this set? Thanks for enabling! The sidestep card came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stair step card is fantastic, and I love how you used the wood sheet on the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your coloring is fabulous! Love the side step card, especially.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love all of your cards and such detail. They are awesome. Especially the step card. Thanks for sharing your creativity and artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ..** step ** up for applause.. Very nice.. thanks for the opportunity
    ( mitz_zee@yahoodotcom)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your work with this set. It was always on my wishlist to get.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is one of the sets that will be staying in my supply closet! Love your side-step card and how her legs extend over the side - going to case that one right away! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute projects! I love your last card. You did a great job with this set.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your side-step card! Beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That side-step card is just too precious! I love the detailed cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. More great projects! You all amaze me! Love the last card with the cut out swinging. Those were the good old days when I would swing for hours without a care! Thanks for sharing.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love this set! we are a cat family too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on being on your first blog hop!
    You made fabulous projects. I will miss that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute. Love the side step card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Betty, you did a great job, thanks for joining us in the hop this time. I love your last card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great projects, Betty! I adore your side step card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Never saw a step card, how very cool!...now to learn how!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete