Monday, June 28, 2010

Flower Power Simply Sent Card Elements

Cindy's Stamping Garden Online Class was this week.  What a fun time!  She had projects everyday, challenges and chats.  It went by far too quickly.  I was away for 3 days so unfortunately did not get to make as many things as I would have liked.

Cindy had a beautiful set of cards using the Cottage Wall Designer Series paper for one of the days.  I did not have the same paper or stamps so I created a version based on hers using the Flower Power Simply Sent kit.
For this card I applied a row of sticky strip at the bottom of the card and adhered the micro beads from the Green Bead Duo to it.  I glued the larger (though still really tiny) beads to the card using Tombo adhesive.  (Tweezers were a big help here!)
This one had a double row of ribbon with circles tucked underneath to form a scalloped border.
Simple layering on the stems stamped with the Flower Fancy set in Old Olive and colored with Certainly Celery marker made this card easy to do.
For this one, the bow is tied and then stuck on with a mini glue dot.  (Makes a much neater bow.)
One of the daily challenges was to create a card with squares.  I angled the one inch square punch on the striped paper to get interesting diagonal stripes.   This card is really BRIGHT in person!

I really enjoy using the Simply Sent Card kits. There are a couple of Quick Accent kits in the new catalogue which look very inviting.  There are so many pretty things in the new catalogue it will be hard to pick what to try first!

No comments:

Post a Comment