Sunday, March 21, 2010

Custom My Digital Studio Bookmark Tutorial


I have had requests for more 3D My Digital Studio projects.  This tutorial will show you an easy way to make personalized bookmarks. Once you have a template made, you can make these very quickly.  
The images are photos taken of flowers in our garden last summer.  I am so looking forward to spring – the tips of the tulips are starting to peek out of the ground so I now it really is coming!


First I created and saved a template.  Then added the background paper from the lovely Shades of Spring collection, the photos and Bible verses.
1. Open a new project – 8 ½ X 11 album landscape – design your own – blank page.
2. Add a square punch and resize to 2" X 6-1/2".
3.  Move punch to left side of page leaving 3/8" margin at left edge of template.
4. Copy and paste 4 more rectangles.  
5. Using align functions position rectangles on page leaving a very small margin between each.
6. Add a photo box and resize to 1-1/2" X 1-1/2".
7. Position photo box at top of rectangle.
8. Copy and paste 4 more photo boxes and position each in a rectangle.
9. Add a text box and resize to 1-1/2" X 4".
10. Copy and paste 4 more text boxes and position in bottom of each rectangle.

Once your template is made be sure to save it.  I keep a blank template in the project file and use the "insert" - "duplicate page" function to add the page on which I will add the background dsp, pictures and text.

11. After adding papers, photos and text print it on Whisper White cardstock.
12. Cut out bookmarks.
13.  Mount each on a piece of 2-1/4" X 6-3/4" coordinating cardstock.

You can find other My Digital Studio tutorials, tips and tricks HERE.

3 comments:

  1. These are really gorgeous. I don't have MDS yet, but this will sure push me to get it sooner! Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these bookmarks & I am oh-so-close to getting mine done... But, I can't get the DSP to be behind the text box -- it wants to take up the whole 8.5 x 11 background.... I am using pix of flowers from Israel & a verse from Isaiah to give to my BSF leaders. Do you mind helping me figure out how to do this last step? I'll send you a bookmark! ;-) Thx!!!Dawn Billings stampsany1@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you share with me good information regarding Digital Studio Bookmark. I will bookmark your blog for my further update. So keep it up..customize startpage.

    ReplyDelete