Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Humane Society Fundraiser

Blog candy this week:
 Actually I can't tell you what is yet! It is a surprise. How about that? To be entered in the random drawing just leave a comment on any of the posts this week (including Monday's "kitty post"). For every comment, I will "throw your name in the hat". On Feb 14th, I will announce a fun tidbit of news and the winner of the blog candy. So check back for blog updates throughout the week!

My neighbor has put countless hours into organizing a fund raiser for our local Humane Society.  The event takes place this Saturday February 13 in Lansing's Old Town at the Spiral Center Dance Club (1247 Center St, Lansing MI).

Here is the gift basket I made to donate for the raffle.  It has four cards and envelopes, a post-it-note stand, a covered notepad, matching pen and a decorated bottle of kitty treats.
Each cat image is a little different.  I sponged soft suede, crushed curry and dusty durango ink to make a calico kitty, basic gray with black marker stripes for a gray tabby, apricot appeal with dusty durango marker for an orange tabby, and soft suede alone for a brown kitty.  I tried several different things to come up with a siamese but none were satisfactory.

The post-it note stand is a clear photo frame turned upside down.
Notepad is a mini legal pad.  I covered it with one sheet of 8-1/2 X 11 paper.  I used a centering ruler to find the center and made two scores 1/4" apart for the spine of the cover.
I filled a Starbuck's Frappacinno bottle with kitty treats.  They just happened to match the dusty durango cardstock perfectly and were heart and fish shaped.  Couldn't have planned it better if I had tried!
Hagrid had to inspect and give his approval.
Supplies:  Cardstock - Dusty Durango, Bermuda Bay, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White.  Paper - Welcome Neighbor.  Stamps - C is for Cat.  Ribbon - Striped Pumpkin Pie. Punches - 3/4, 1, 1-1/4, 1-3/8, 1-1/2 circle. Ink - Dusty Durango, Crushed Curry, Soft Suede, Basic Gray, Apricot Appeal  Markers - Dusty Durango, Basic Black

6 comments:

  1. Thats absolutely adorable. A perfect basket for the Humane Society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most adorable set/gift basket ever. What a great donation. I love animals so I think it's a very kind and passionate person who will make a donation towards a shelter. Thank you for the kind heart towards animals and the great ideas for all of us fellow stampers. :)
    Kealey
    Vermont

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a wonderful basket,hope it raises much money

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty! This turned out adorable! I really hope they do well. Hagrid aprooves too I think.
    kristen

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an awesome kitty set for a great cause! All of the pieces are fantastic and your cat is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the basket and your clever way of using the Starbucks bottle! I have recycled them with candies and such but never thought of using them for treats! Wonderful

    ReplyDelete