Friday, January 8, 2010

My Digital Studio - a few more basics





This page has our oldest son, an avid hunter and outdoorsman. I love the effect of using a photo as the background paper for a layout. It was one of those "ah-ha" type moments when I discovered this was an option. With traditional scrapbooks this would not be possible.



For this page I used the Color Picker to choose the color for the mats on the layout. By moving around on the photograph I was able to see the colors as separate pixels and choose a tone from the leaves to mat the pictures.



This program even has built-in phot0 effects. I used it to lighten the bottom left photo in this layout that was too dark. (It has not been lightened in this photo but it is lighter on my final draft) This is much faster than having to use a separate photo editing program.





I hope this weeks tips and tutorials have been helpful in highlighting some of the fun things this program is capable of. I have barely scratched the surface, there is so much more. I plan to add more advanced info as time goes on so I hope you are able to check back.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting the information on using this software. It has been very helpful and I will be checking back to see what else I can do.

    Deb.

    ReplyDelete