Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Blog Candy Winner and adding paper layers to your layout


The winner of the free pass to UStamp is Dawn from Handcrafted by Dawn! (Random.org #6) Dawn - please email me at bettyt@cablespeed.com and I will get the info to you about your pass. Congratulations - I am sure you will enjoy all the great projects.

Tonight I have just a quick tip for adding designer paper layers without distorting the pattern. This is the calendar page I created in honor of my parents upcoming 50th anniversary. I had 4 photos I wanted to use and none of the predesigned layouts were quite what I wanted, so I easily created my own.

First, I added the background paper. I used Soft Flowers dsp in Basic Black and reduced the opacity to get the shade I wanted.

Next, I added a square punch to the page and resized it into a rectangle.

I filled it with Script dsp in Basic Gray using the Paper Fill button. This allowed me to continue to tweak the size without distorting the paper pattern.

I then added the top photo box, resized it and copied it 2 times to get the exact same size boxes. To make sure they were in a straight line, I used the Arrange - Align - Center functions. It actually was quicker to do than explain it! There are so many helpful little features like this in the program that it is easy to make your pages look great with very little effort.


Tomorrow I have another nifty little trick to share.

1 comment:

  1. Awww.. This is such a cute layout. :-)
    (Thanks for the great MDS tip - I am just starting to get the hang of it.)

    ReplyDelete